2020 Planning Commission Work Plan/Comp Plan
The Comprehensive Plan contains the community’s vision for its future and sets policy and guidance to achieve the vision. In addition to the vision of the future, the plan also includes “Elements” that address a wide range of topics including land use, housing, transportation, capital facilities and utilities, parks and recreation and economic development. The Comprehensive Plan also provides a policy framework that guides the City’s other functional plans such as the Park and Recreation Plan, the Comprehensive Water System Plan and the Comprehensive Sewer System Plan.
Update Schedule and Documents:
The Planning Commission has started preliminary review of the work plan for the year. The work plan can be downloaded *here*. Once the commission has reviewed all of the items a Public Hearing with the Planning Commission will be scheduled, environmental review will be completed and a recommendation will be made to the City Council. A public hearing with the City Council will be held prior to adoption of amendments. Many amendments this year are to our development regulations; which can be processed anytime throughout the year as long as they are in alignment with the City’s Comprehensive Plan goals and policies.
If you would like to be notified of open houses, public hearings or other related information or would like to provide comments, please email compplan@ci.Enumclaw.wa.us. Here is a copy of the proposed public participation program *click here*.
PLANNING COMMISSION WORK PLAN & MEETING PACKET MATERIALS
- DRAFT Work Plan (subject to change) recommended by the Planning Commission on January 23. 2020
- January 23 2020 Planning Commission Packet - 2020 Work Plan & Public Hearing for Short Term Rentals
- Work Plan approved by City Council on February 10, 2020
- January 23, 2020 meeting. Planning Commission Work Plan
- February 27, 2020. Planning Commission Work Plan
- March Meeting Cancelled
- April Meeting Cancelled
- May 28, 2020. Planning Commission Work Plan Revisions and DRAFT Floodplain Ordinance.
- June Meeting Cancelled
- July Meeting 23, 2020 meeting, Floodplain Ordinance, Future Land Use Map and Zoning Map Amendment for 1065 Griffin Avenue - Cancelled due to technical difficulties.
- August 27, 2020 meeting, DRAFT Floodplain Ordinance, Future Land Use Map and Zoning Map Amendment for 1065 Griffin Avenue and Zoning Text Amendment for the Public Use District to permit drug and alcohol treatment centers.
- September 24, 2020 meeting, Draft Public Zone Text Amendment permitting drug and alcohol inpatient treatment facilities.
- October 22, 2020 Public Hearing for the DRAFT 2020 Comprehensive Plan Amendments.
- November 19, 2020 Public Hearing for Amendments to Public Use Zoning District to allow Drug and Alcohol Treatment Facilities and the 2018 State Building Codes.
2020 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENTS (DRAFT):
ZONING CODE AMENDMENTS (DRAFT):
DRAFT Title 16 Code Amendments (Adoption of the State Building Code)