- City Administrator
The City Administrator, under the direction and authority of the mayor, supervises, administers and coordinate the activities and functions of the various city officers, departments, commissions and boards in implementing the requirements of city ordinances and the policies of the city council; assures the effective and efficient utilization of city employees, funds, materials, facilities and time; and directs and controls the overall operations of the city to assure optimum services to the community.
The City Administrator has the following responsibilities:
- Plan and direct all administrative activities in the city, develop and implement internal policies and procedures, appraise the efficiency and effectiveness of city employees and take necessary actions to improve city operations.
- Plan and prepare data for grants and/or funded programs and maintain or establish intergovernmental coordination related to available funding.
- Provide timely and accurate advice to officials and the public on areas in a wide field of general city operations and account for the appropriate actions on behalf of the city to respond to such inquiries.
- Act as the city representative in areas such as labor relations, intergovernmental relations, conferences, conventions and seminars related to improved city administration and delegates responsibility as necessary to accomplish desired objectives.
- Attend meetings of the city council.
- Act to resolve operational and administrative conflicts and problems, decide and implement alternate course(s) of action, formulate and administer policies, and otherwise make decisions to assure the maximum efficiency of the general operations of the city.
- Prepare and submit to the mayor the annual budget and be responsible for its administration after adoption.