Utility Emergencies and LocatesIf you smell a gas odor, see downed power lines or have a utility emergency during regular business hours (9:00AM - 4:00PM) please call 360-825-5541.
If it is after regular business hours
(4:00PM - 7:30AM) call 360-825-3505.
In an emergency, call 911.
To have utilities located on your property, please call 811 two business days before you begin digging. This will alert your utility providers to come out and mark their buried lines from the street to your house for free.
The City of Enumclaw provides natural gas, water, sewer and garbage services wherever available. Utility bills are prepared on a monthly basis. Gas and Water Meters are read monthly. The bills should be received during the first few days of the month with a due date of the 28th of that month. If payment is not received within 5 days of the due date, a 1% or $5 minimum late fee is charged to your account.
City of Enumclaw requires submission of an application for utility service from all new customers
Shut Off Policy
The City of Enumclaw is committed to providing assistance during this COVID-19 crisis. We have suspended late fees and shut offs as of March 10th, 2020.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, please reach out to:
Plateau Outreach Ministries
360-825-8961 option 3
Appointments are over the phone Monday and Thursday from 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM and Wednesdays from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Appointments are over the phone Monday through Wednesday 9:15 AM - 11:45 AM
24 Hour appointment line
More info at mschelps.org/gethelp/energy/
If you do not qualify for assistance, we may be able to place you on a payment plan with the City. If you are a tenant, this would require approval from the property owner.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Finance Department by phone at
360-615-5605 or at email@example.com by email.
Payments may be mailed, paid via credit card over the phone, paid in person, or paid online. The city also has a night drop located in the parking lot of City Hall.
The City of Enumclaw offers online credit card payment options, with no transaction fees.
Please note that all utility rates are subject to change on City Council approval. Public Hearings are held for proposed rate changes at regular City Council meetings, typically during September through November of each year.
Utility Payment Policy
- All utility bills are due by the 28th of the month. Payments not received within 5 days of the due date will be charged a 1% penalty ($5 minimum).
- Shut off letters will be sent to all delinquent accounts 10 days after the due date of the 28th of each month with an additional $20 penalty.
- Payments not received by the date noted on the shut off notice will be disconnected without further notice and assessed a $25 penalty.
- If utilities are disconnected for non payment, services will not be restored until payment in full is received plus a $25 disconnect fee. For payments received after 3 p.m., utility reconnection will take place the following business day. Reconnection of utilities is done between the hours of 1 - 3:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. Customers are required to be at the property with access to the interior of the residence during that time. Reconnection of utilities after working hours is available for an additional $85, payable in advance.
- For assistance with your bill, contact the following agencies:
- Helping Hand Fund
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: 9 - 11:45 a.m.
- Plateau Outreach
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Multi-Services Center
Ph: 800-348-7144 to make an appointment with energy assistance
- Helping Hand Fund