Utility Emergencies and Locates
If you smell a gas odor, see downed power lines or have a utility emergency during regular business hours (9:00AM - 4:00PM) please call 360-825-5541.
In an emergency, call 911.
To have utilities located on your property, please call 811 two business days before you begin digging. This will alert your utility providers to come out and mark their buried lines from the street to your house for free.
Payments may be mailed, paid via credit card over the phone, paid in person, or paid online. The city also has a night drop located in the parking lot of City Hall.
The City of Enumclaw offers online credit card payment options, with no transaction fees.
Please note that all utility rates are subject to change on City Council approval. Public Hearings are held for proposed rate changes at regular City Council meetings, typically during September through November of each year.
Utility Payment Policy
- All utility bills are due by the 28th of the month. Payments not received within 5 days of the due date will be charged a 1% penalty ($5 minimum).
- Shut off letters will be sent to all delinquent accounts 10 days after the due date of the 28th of each month with an additional $20 penalty.
- Payments not received by the date noted on the shut off notice will be disconnected without further notice and assessed a $25 penalty.
Note: No special payment arrangements will be made.
- If utilities are disconnected for non payment, services will not be restored until payment in full is received plus a $25 disconnect fee. For payments received after 3 p.m., utility reconnection will take place the following business day. Reconnection of utilities is done between the hours of 1 - 3:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. Customers are required to be at the property with access to the interior of the residence during that time. Reconnection of utilities after working hours is available for an additional $85, payable in advance.
- For assistance with your bill, contact the following agencies:
- Helping Hand Fund
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: 9 - 11:45 a.m.
- Plateau Outreach
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Multi-Services Center
Ph: 800-348-7144 to make an appointment with energy assistance.
- Helping Hand Fund
- If your water is disconnected for non-payment and a heat-related alert is issued by the National Weather Service for Enumclaw, Washington, options for reconnection are available during the heat-related alert only. Reconnection requests can be made by contacting the utilities department during business hours at 360-615-5605, or the after-hours number during non-business hours at 360-825-3505.
The City of Enumclaw provides natural gas, water, sewer and garbage services wherever available. Utility bills are prepared on a monthly basis. Gas and Water Meters are read monthly. The bills should be received during the first few days of the month with a due date of the 28th of that month. If payment is not received within 5 days of the due date, a 1% or $5 minimum late fee is charged to your account.
City of Enumclaw requires submission of an application for utility service from all new customers, which are located to the right.
Utility Tax Rates
billed for water services include a tax of 9.5 percent calculated on the gross
revenues of the water utility.
Shut Off Policy
The City of Enumclaw is committed to providing assistance during this COVID-19 crisis.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, please reach out to:
Plateau Outreach Ministries And Helping Hands
360-825-8961 option 3
Appointments are over the phone Monday and Thursday from 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM and Wednesdays from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
24 Hour appointment line
More info at mschelps.org/gethelp/energy/
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Finance Department by phone at 360-615-5605 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If it is after regular business hours (4:00PM - 7:30AM) call 360-825-3505.