U.S. Passport Information
We are not conducting Passport Appointments during this time.
We are available by phone or email to answer your questions about proper documents or items needed to apply. Our office hours and days are Monday-Thursday (Friday’s closed) to answer between the hours of 9:00am-4:30pm at 360-825-3591, extension 5605. Or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to apply online through the links below to make an appointment in person. If you are renewing and have the necessary items you can process through mail.
Direct Link to setup appointments (in any area): https://tools.usps.com/rcas.htm
To Setup Appointment:
- Choose service (service-renew, new and age-adult or minor)
- Search by location or date (location is easier if you want nearby)
- It will ask for postal code or preferred date
- Select time for appointment
- Provide contact information
- Review/Confirmation and Submit
Closest locations near us-
Black Diamond (Post Office):
Go on website to the link provided to make an appointment (they are limited on space) the appointment times are between 10am-3pm
Black diamond post office website https://www.postallocations.com/wa/black-diamond/black-diamond
Any questions on what forms you need: 360-886-9429 direct line (Black Diamond)
Sumner (Post Office):
Go on website to the link provided to make an appointment (they are limited on space) the appointment times are between 12pm-4:30pm
Sumner post office website https://www.postallocations.com/wa/sumner/sumner
Any questions on what forms you need: 253-891-9601 direct line (Sumner)
Please note: The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry only and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.
For more information regarding the U.S. Passport Card visit the U.S. Passports and International Travel website.
Except when renewing passports that qualify for renewal by mail, all applicants must be present when submitting applications, including children. When applying for a new passport, applicants must provide one passport photo, an original or certified birth certificate or other proof of citizenship, and an acceptable form of identification. The birth certificate will be sent with the application, but will be returned with the passport by the Federal Passport Agency.
For more information on renewing passports, visit Travel.State.Gov and view the 'Renew Passport' section.
Children under 16 years of age must have both parents present for processing as provided by Public Law 106-113, Section 236. If only one parent can appear, that parent must present evidence for sole legal custody or have the absent parent complete form DS-3053 , Statement of Consent, which starting November 1, 2004, must be notarized and submitted with that child's application. Photo copy of front and back of the absent parent's legal identification used for notarization must accompany the DS-3053.
Eligible Proofs of Sole Legal Custody:
- Child's certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate listing only applying parent;
- Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240) or Certification of Birth Abroad (DS-1350) listing only one parent;
- Court order granting sole custody (unless child's travel is restricted by that order);
- Adoption decree (listing only the applying parent);
- Court order specifically permitting applying parent's or guardian's travel with the child
- Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent;
- Death certificate of non-applying parent;
- Written consent of the other parent for the issuance of the passport;
- Written statement explaining why non-applying parent's consent cannot be obtained.
If no parent is available to sign/appear, the third party in loco parentis (taking on responsibilities of a parent for someone else’s child) must appear with a notarized written statement or affidavit from both parents/custodial parent(s) authorizing the third-party to apply for a passport. When the notarized statement or affidavit is from only one parent, the third party must present evidence of sole custody of the authorizing parent.
Please see Travel.State.Gov for more information regarding the Special Requirements for Minors:
- Generally is 4 to 6 weeks unless applying during a peak period
- During a peak processing period, it can take up to 6 to 8 weeks
- An additional $60 expedite fee generally provides the passport within 2-3 weeks.
- Express Mail Overnight Return available for an additional $17.56 (recommended)
If You Plan to Leave for a Trip Within 2 Weeks
Submitted passports and proof of citizenship (birth and naturalization certificates) sent with applications will be returned to the applicant after processing is complete.
Checking the Status of an Application
The Status of your application should be available online 7-10 days after applying.
Go to Travel.State.Gov for online application status or call 1-877-487-2778.
A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes (see Exceptions, below). When ordering a birth certificate, be sure to tell the agency you need it for passport purposes so you receive the correct document.
To obtain a copy of a birth certificate, you must first determine the State or area where the birth occurred, and contact the appropriate office that holds the record. Contact information for agencies in all U.S. states is available from the National Center for Health Statistics' Vital Records website: www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm.
The following is contact information for vital records in Washington State:
Washington State Department of Health
Tacoma-Pierce County Department of Health
Birth certificates for passport purposes can also be ordered online at www.vitalchek.com (except for California birth certificates). Follow the specific instructions for the State you are ordering certificates from.
Birth Certificates Exceptions
Specific exceptions exist for birth certificates from certain states and counties, including California, Texas and New Jersey. For current birth certificate requirements visit www.Travel.State.Gov or contact City staff for more information at (360) 825-3591 ext. 1.
- Texas: Birth abstracts (short forms) from Texas counties Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr, Zapata, Webb, Maverick, Kinney, Valverde, Terrell, Brewster, Presidio, Hudspeth, and El Paso are not acceptable for passport purposes, unless the letter "I" follows the date filed on the certificate.
- California: Effective July 1, 2003, a birth certificate from California must be an "Authorized Certified Copy," or a long form certified birth certificate. California birth abstracts are not acceptable as proof of birth in the United States. Click here for further information (224K).
- New Jersey: Effective August 3, 2004, any birth certificate from the Hudson County Clerk's Office in New Jersey will not be accepted. Only ones issued by the New Jersey Bureau of Vital Statistics in Trenton and those issued by local registrars of any town in Hudson County, New Jersey except Jersey City, New Jersey.
Passport Options and Fees
Passport Fees are payable by check or money order only. If more than one application is processed at the same time, each application must have it's own check or money order.
For all in person or first-time applicants, a separate $35.00 Execution Fee per application is required in addition to the Passport Fee (Execution Fees are included in the first time applicant fees listed below). The Execution Fee is paid to City of Enumclaw at the time of processing, and may be paid by cash, check, money order, credit or debit card.
No Execution Fee is required for Passport Renewals, which are submitted by mail directly to the passport agency. The Renewal form can only be used for passports issued within the last 15 years for applicants who were at least 16 years old when the previous passport was issued, and who can answer 'yes' to the required questions listed on the renewal application.
For complete information on passport application requirements and fees, visit www.Travel.State.Gov.
Valid for international travel by air,
10 years for adults
5 years for minors under age 16.
Cost for First Time Applicants:
$110 for Adults
$80 for minors under age 16
$35 acceptance agency processing fee
Cost for Renewal by mail:
$110 for adults
Valid when entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry.
10 years for adults
5 years for minors under age 16.
Cost for First Time Applicants
$30 for Adults
$15 for minors under age 16
Cost for First Time Applicants when Applying for Both a Passport Book and Card:
Other Fees & Services
For complete information on optional services, payment instructions, etc., please visit http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/fees.html.
- Expedited Service: $60.00
- Passport Book Overnight Delivery Fee: $17.56
- File Search: $150.00
For more information, see the U.S. State Department's Passport website or call 360-825-3591, ext. 1. National Passport Information Center (NPIC) 877-487-2778.
U.S Passport Renewal Information
This process is by mail only and the applicant must meet the following guidelines:
- Be able to submit most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card with this application
- Applicant was at least 16 yrs old when most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card was issued
- Most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card was issued less than 15 years ago
- Most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card has not been lost, stolen, mutilated, or damaged
- Applicant is using same name as on most recent U.S passport book and/or U.S. passport card, OR can submit proper documentation to reflect name change by marriage or court order
If applicant meets all these criteria Form DS-82 can be submitted along with:
- Applicant's current U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card
- A certified copy of your marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
- A recent, color passport photo
- Check or money order for $110 payable to U.S. Department of State.
Note: This application is mailed directly to the passport agency by the applicant. The City of Enumclaw does not process renewal applications.