Concealed Pistol License
The Enumclaw Police Department can only process CPL applications for those who reside within the Enumclaw City limits. This includes county addresses that have been annexed into the City. You cannot substitute an Enumclaw business or mailing address. Eligibility is based on your physical home address only. If you are uncertain if you reside within the City limits call the PD at 360 825-3505.
Disqualifications include being a convicted felon or convicted of any domestic violence charge. Additional information regarding disqualifiers can be found on the application.
All applicants are required to complete a Concealed Pistol License Application. You will be required to provide your Driver License at the time of submission. The address on your driver license must match the address on your application. If you have updated your home address online with the Department of Licensing, that will be verified at the time of submission. If your address has not been updated with the Department of Licensing, you will be required to bring a copy of a utility bill which lists your name and address.
CPL fees must be paid with exact cash, personal check or money order. Debit/credit cards are not accepted and the Police Department is unable to make change. Checks are to be made out to the City of Enumclaw. *If paying in cash you must have the exact amount.*
- Original License $49.25
- Renewal $32 – Renewals can be processed up to 90 days prior to expiration.
- Late Renewal $42 – Late renewals can be processed up to 90 days after expiration. After 90 days you must apply for an original license and pay that fee.
- Replacement $10 – You can apply for a replacement if your CPL was lost, damaged or if your name has legally changed. If your name has changed you will need to show valid identification in the new name.
Fingerprints are only required when applying for an original license. They are taken at the Police Department by the Corrections Officers and done at the time of application submission. Listed below are the fingerprints hours, however we are still subject to the Correction Officer’s availability. *You will be required to wear a mask during this process.*
Monday and Wednesday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Friday from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Per the FBI, subjects being fingerprinted for noncriminal justice reasons, like an original CPL application must be provided information about their privacy rights. These forms will be available to you at the time of application submission. You can also view them below.
Application Processing Time
Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed. You can call ahead at 360 825-3505 to see if your CPL is ready for pickup. You will not be notified by phone or mail when it is ready. Once ready you can pick up your CPL in person at the Police Department. The CPL will only be released to the applicant, and valid photo identification will be required. If you have a prior issued or expired CPL in your possession, you must turn it in at the time of pickup.
If your application is denied you will be contacted explaining your options. Please note - if your application is denied your application fee will not be refunded.
For Residents Outside of the City Limits
Originals & Renewals
King County Courthouse
516 3rd Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104
Appointments may be required. To make an appointment or see if there are other KCSO precincts processing CPLs call ahead or check online.
- Applying and Renewing CPL’s Through the King County Sheriff’s Office
- Department of Licensing - Concealed Pistol License
- Concealed Weapon Reciprocity - List of Other States That Recognize Washington CPL’s
- RCW 9.41.070 - Concealed Pistol License - Application - Fee - Renewal
- RCW 9.41.050 - Carrying Firearms
- RCW 9.41.040 - Unlawful Possession of Firearms - Ownership, Possession by Certain Person - Restoration of Right to Possess - Penalties
- RCW 9.41.075 - Concealed Pistol License - Revocation
- RCW 9.41.047 - Restoration of Possession Rights